[Freeswitch-users] Calls getting queued?

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Thu Jan 7 07:43:11 PST 2010

Hi, I'm having a strange problem with FS. I'm using a few JS scripts
to generate calls and bridge them together. Usually everything works
just fine, but them at some point it's like if FS choked, calls for
the first leg of the bridges are apparently made, but the second leg
is never called. The call is not hanged up for several minutes and the
system keeps opening new channels but never connecting a call.

For example, right now, doing 'show channels' on the console, I get a
list of 72 open channels (it's adding up, it was 40 a couple minutes
ago), but doing a 'show calls' gives me 0 active calls. The usual
behavior, when everything's working fine, is to get twice as many
channels as there are active calls and no channels at all when there
are no calls, unless they haven't been bridged yet.

The originate string is something like this:

var stUsRing = "%(2000,4000,440,480)";
var timeout = 45;
originate_str1 = "{api_hangup_hook=jsapi::callback.js
l1,execute_on_answer=lua answered.lua 1
c2c_call,ignore_early_media=true,originate_timeout=90,hangup_after_bridge=false,ringback='"+stUsRing+"',medularis_uuid="+uuid+",c2c_call=true,api_call=true,leg=1}[leg_timeout="+timeout+"]"+dialstr1;

Where diasltr1 has the phonenumber and and gateway info. The
callback.js has a curl request to update some call info on an external
database and answered.lua calls a ruby script through the os.execute()
function (I know, I should be doing all this through the event socket,
I was doing that but had trouble and had to come up with a quick
solution).

The system is not loaded at all, at least not for what I think and
read that FS can handle. We are having at most 10 concurrent calls (20
channels), with maybe 5 to 10 calls per minute.

What worries me is not only that I don't know where the problem is,
but that I have no clue how to debug it or send you guys more
"lowlevel" and detailed information to give you an insight about
what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nico