[Freeswitch-users] Migrating from asterisk to FS

Nik Middleton nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 15:43:26 PST 2010

HI Guys

While I've been using FS for around 18 months now, and love it to bits,
it's been a specific solution.  I'm now looking to move my customer base
across, and have on the base of it some basic and perhaps dumb
questions.

I currently have around 150 Sip phones attached to my systems   These
are all geographically spread, so re-configuring them is out of the
question.  They all register on port 5060.  Given that FS uses port 5080
for external clients, do I simply need to do a Port translate on my
firewall or is there a simpler solution?

Further, how does FS handle a call FWD?  In other words, if a SIP phone
has a divert on busy set will it account for the redirect?   Currently
in Asterisk I use the 'I' option to disable this as I can't account for
the call.

Regards,