[Freeswitch-users] Need help setting up a feature

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Thu Feb 11 05:28:22 PST 2010

My Siemens A580 has options for controlling the R key.  It seems that you
can either have it setup for transfer or as a hook flash.  Default is as a
transfer key.

I haven't succeeded in getting it to work for transfer and it is wayyyyy
down low on my list of things to do with the phone.

>From the web UI:

 Call Transfer   Use the R key to initiate call transfer with the SIP Refer
method.: Yes    No  Transfer Call by On-Hook: Yes    No  Derive target
address: from SIP URL    from SIP contact header  Find target addr.
automatically: Yes    No
  Hook Flash (R-key)     R key settings are disabled because the R key is
being used for call transfer.

>  Sorry for the repost, but the previous thread just died :-)
>
> I'm trying to get the possibility of transfering an incoming call from one
> extension to another, and give the possibility of turning it into a
> conference.
> I don't have a 'transfer' button.
> I do have an 'R' button on the Siemens handsets, and a 'Flash' button on
> the Sipura. The 'Flash' button gives me a new dialtone, gives the caller
> MOH, and then I can dial the new extension, and transfer the call, but not
> create a conference.
> But the Siemens handset does not have a 'flash', and pressing the R doesn't
> do anything.
>
> It might be two different features 'transfer' and 'conference'...
>
> But I thought that using the bind_meta_app would accomplish both.
>
> It's on an incoming call from the outside.
> So the situation:
> The Public folder has an entry that matches the dialed number, and does a
> transfer to 8202.
> Then the dialplan matches the 8202 with a group, and the phone rings.
> Somebody picks it up, finds out that it needs to be transferred to another
> extension, or transferred to a conference with a second extension.
> How do I construct that?
>

> Best regards
> Fribse
>
> /Running Freeswitch on pfSense running on a VMWare ESXi 4.0

-Rupa