[Freeswitch-users] Svar: Re: Need help setting up a feature

Sat Feb 13 00:54:30 PST 2010

Hi Rupa

I've got similar settings here, but I can't make them work, nothing happens when I press R:

The settings are
DTMP over VoIP connections: Send settings [ ]Auto   [X] Audio  [ ] RFC 2833 [X] SIP Info

Call Transfer
Use the R key to initiate call     ( ) Yes   (X) No
transfer with the SIP Refer Method

Transfer Call by On-Hook        (X) Yes   ( ) No

Derive Target address             ( ) from SIP URL   (X)   from SIP Contact Header

Find Target address automatically    ( ) Yes   (X) No

Hook Flash  (R-key)

Application Type:   dtmf-relay
Application Signal: 16

That's all the settings, I had to set 'send settings' from auto to audio+SIP Info otherwise the R-Flash settings were disabled.

But all in all, I think a *1 or something during the call would be a better method, because I should be able to make that work on al types of phones, right?

Best regards
Fribse

/Running Freeswitch on pfSense running on a VMWare ESXi 4.0

>>> 11-02-2010 kl. 14:28 skrev Rupa Schomaker <rupa at rupa.com> i meddelelsen <b39273531002110528p42218d07q95e97485139315f1 at mail.gmail.com>:

My Siemens A580 has options for controlling the R key. It seems that you can either have it setup for transfer or as a hook flash. Default is as a transfer key.

I haven't succeeded in getting it to work for transfer and it is wayyyyy down low on my list of things to do with the phone.

>From the web UI:

Call Transfer
Use the R key to initiate call transfer with the SIP Refer method.:Yes No
Transfer Call by On-Hook:Yes No
Derive target address:from SIP URL from SIP contact header
Find target addr. automatically:Yes No

Hook Flash (R-key)
R key settings are disabled because the R key is being used for call transfer.

Sorry for the repost, but the previous thread just died :-)
I'm trying to get the possibility of transfering an incoming call from one extension to another, and give the possibility of turning it into a conference.
I don't have a 'transfer' button.
I do have an 'R' button on the Siemens handsets, and a 'Flash' button on the Sipura. The 'Flash' button gives me a new dialtone, gives the caller MOH, and then I can dial the new extension, and transfer the call, but not create a conference.
But the Siemens handset does not have a 'flash', and pressing the R doesn't do anything.
It might be two different features 'transfer' and 'conference'...

But I thought that using the bind_meta_app would accomplish both.
It's on an incoming call from the outside.
So the situation:
The Public folder has an entry that matches the dialed number, and does a transfer to 8202.
Then the dialplan matches the 8202 with a group, and the phone rings.
Somebody picks it up, finds out that it needs to be transferred to another extension, or transferred to a conference with a second extension.
How do I construct that?
Best regards
Fribse
/Running Freeswitch on pfSense running on a VMWare ESXi 4.0

-Rupa