[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 20:34:43 PDT 2010

Hi Vince,

I have played with running Freeswitch on BSD too but the result is not
great.  The reason seems to be because BSD's threading is not as
efficient as the one in Linux or there may be some other ways to tune
it.  BSD does give a better pure UDP throughput performance by the
way.

So what I ended up doing is developing my own UDP implementation which
enable media to move through the ethernet at raw wire speed.  I am
able to max out the ethernet card limitation on Linux platform as a
result of that.

Woody