[Freeswitch-users] [mod_socket] Can't set channel variable SOMETIMES

Artem Shiyanov shiyanov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:09:56 PDT 2009

Hello!

I've got strange problem:
In my app which talks to FreeSwitch via mod_socket there is such logic:
<pre conditions: channel1 - newly created, parked channell - with help of
'uuid_create' and 'originate ... &park'; channel2 is talking with channel3>
for (channel in {array of channel1, channel2, channel3}) {
 set value for the channel variable X
}

uuid_transfer channel1 extension Y
uuid_transfer -both channel2 extension Y

In extension Y there is a logic based on the channel variable X.
The problem itself: every second launching falls, the reason - channel
variable X hasn't been set for one of channel1..3.
Sniffer shows that commands are sent (and confirmated by FreeSwitch)
consiquently, FreeSwitch sends OK for each command in time.
Temporary sollution that I found is to wait 0.5 sec after 'set' commands
have been sent and before transfer any channel to extension Y.

Maybe some already faced with similar problem?

Thanks,
Artem