[Freeswitch-users] Precompiled Windows Binaries

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Tue Nov 3 03:28:23 PST 2009

Hi,

I have read the Docs on the Wiki (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#Precompiled_Binaries) but am still not sure of what the different Windows install files are. Currently, the Windows Installer directory contains :-

LATEST_SVN_15106 - 6 Bytes

freeswitch-1.0.4.exe - 42 Megabytes

freeswitch.exe - 32 Megabytes

I have installed the freeswitch-1.0.4.exe file which is dated 3rd September. The freeswitch.exe file is dated 7th October and think that it contains the minor updates since 3rd September ?

Could someone who knows FreeSwitch under windows help me understand the two files please ?

I chickened out of running the later exe in case it did something to the running install of FreeSwitch 1.0.4, is it safe to run the newer exe with the old one already installed ?
What will it actually do ?

regards
Dave