[Freeswitch-users] Web page thoughts

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:17:35 PDT 2009

One important thing is that if we go around following everything everybody
else says
we become a follower in our field.

I have had numerous people tell me what to do in the code, what to name
things, what to eat for breakfast.
Plain and simple, I will choose what to put on our website, when to put it
there and what it says.

You are welcome to your own opinion.  I have no problem with it.  If you say
something I like we may
even listen.  Feel free to comment on anything else you find when browsing
our community.

BUT,

If you have no sense of humor, you will not make it far in the open source
telecom industry.

If you want a more professional looking site, we do have some guys in suits
on our FreeSWITCH Solutions site.
http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com/

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:49 PM, <jcromes at gmail.com> wrote:

> My company is currently investigating a couple of projects that may take
> me in the direction of FreeSwitch...  In general, our management does
> not often consider open source software for projects such as this, but
> I've been successful in proving to them recently that open source can
> deliver.
>
> FreeSwitch is a *very* professional and polished product, I can tell -
> from the code and from the community.
>
> Unfortunately, I've been hesitant to send people to your webpage lately
> because it went downhill a few weeks ago.  Whenever I think about one of
> our executives going to your webpage (after my recommendation) and
> seeing a picture of people clanking beer glasses, or some idiot tied up
> in phone cables, I cringe.  I know you're advertising for ClueCon, but
> honestly, some of those huge images on your front page really knock your
> product down a peg in professionalism.
>
> Anyway, I'm pretty new to the community and I don't claim to be a web
> designer.  You have an excellent piece of software, but if I didn't
> already know that about FreeSwitch, your webpage would not make a good
> first impression.
>
> Please take that for what it's worth...  I wanted to voice my opinion
> because if I'm thinking it, others may be as well.
> Thoughts anyone?

> (Have I mentioned how awesome your source browser is though??!!)

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm