[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:00:50 PST 2009

Maybe Arsen can chime in.  He is the author of unimrcp and the previous
openmrcp.

I would assume it would be a few k to hire some developers to work on the
module.
The new library is working so it should be straightforward.  I am willing to
help answer questions
for whomever wants to code it and we will even try to get the module started
but we need to add
it to a very large todo list.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Paul Herring <paulh at instruments.com>wrote:

> What would it take to put a budget together to for this project?
>

> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:55:36 -0500
> From: mszlazak at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl
> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
>

>  "My god" I would LOVE it if this is really the case and would praise
> pocketsphinx (PS) and FS to no end. But my experience has been different.
>
> First, I tried the pizza demo with a soft phone and later by outside phone
> calls to my Linksys 3102 pstn-to-voip gateway.
> Second, I tried these two set-ups again but with Voxeo's Prophecy ASR.
>
> Both are as is and by this I mean there was no training of PocketSphinx
> just
> running the pizza demo and with Prophecy there is no training because it
> can't be trained.
>
> Prophecy is quite good but the FS/Pocketsphinx pizza demo isn't and I
> couldn't use it at a pizza join. Also, I get a much better experience when
> calling LumenVox and trying their pizza demo.
>
> Now, maybe Prophecy is the type of asr that doesn't require hours of
> training to make it speaker independent. I know that the Sphinx family are
> the types of ASR that do need this.
>
> So, if there is some settings for adaptation of Pocketsphinx for speaker
> independence then are they turned on?
> ?
> How many hours of calls to a business should an owner expect before
> PocketSphinx gets good enough not to scare customers away?
>
> If there are many hours needed then I could see using another ASR in the
> mean time, recording their calls and feeding the audio to Pocketsphinx for
> training, then switching to Pocketspinx once it's "tuned up." At least this
> way a business doesn't have to deal with a "virgin" pocketsphinx.
>

>  Mark

> believed to be clean.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/