[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

Paul Herring paulh at instruments.com
Tue Jan 13 08:18:32 PST 2009

What would it take to put a budget together to for this project?

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:55:36 -0500
From: mszlazak at aol.com
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org

 "My god" I would LOVE it if this is really the case and would praise
pocketsphinx (PS) and FS to no end. But my experience has been different.

First, I tried the pizza demo with a soft phone and later by outside phone
calls to my Linksys 3102 pstn-to-voip gateway.
Second, I tried these two set-ups again but with Voxeo's Prophecy ASR.

Both are as is and by this I mean there was no training of PocketSphinx just
running the pizza demo and with Prophecy there is no training because it
can't be trained.

Prophecy is quite good but the FS/Pocketsphinx pizza demo isn't and I
couldn't use it at a pizza join. Also, I get a much better experience when
calling LumenVox and trying their pizza demo.

Now, maybe Prophecy is the type of asr that doesn't require hours of
training to make it speaker independent. I know that the Sphinx family are
the types of ASR that do need this.

So, if there is some settings for adaptation of Pocketsphinx for speaker
independence then are they turned on?
?
How many hours of calls to a business should an owner expect before
PocketSphinx gets good enough not to scare customers away?

If there are many hours needed then I could see using another ASR in the
mean time, recording their calls and feeding the audio to Pocketsphinx for
training, then switching to Pocketspinx once it's "tuned up." At least this
way a business doesn't have to deal with a "virgin" pocketsphinx.

 Mark

believed to be clean.