[Freeswitch-users] VoiceXML

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 13:11:18 PDT 2009

Just sticking 'voice' in front of something doesn't automatically make
it a good tool for developing voice applications - there's more
marketing here than anything else.  And it's not like adding extensions
to an existing language to provide IVR control is anything new: it's
exactly what you get if you develop for FS in Javascript, Lua or any of
its other supported languages.

>From my point of view, as a programmer, VoiceXML is the wrong idiom for
development of IVR/telephony services; a procedural language works just
fine.  I suspect that I'm not alone, and I further suspect that that's
why there's no real push to get VoiceXML supported.

--Dave