[Freeswitch-users] Default config changes

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 00:00:56 PDT 2008

Jeremy,

Short answer:

The commercial version of zoiper http://www.zoiper.com/ (30 euros) has
the features you request listed but I only ever used their 'lite' version.

Long answer:

I found the 'lite' version on Leopard useful but it has is weirdness -
some I would attribute to be a stripped down test product.

I had codec negotiation problems with x-lite: things getting confused
between a and u-law.

The lite version had clear limitation once you start to use it for more
than have a look:
* Some configuration options are not read and some other changes on
restart (a way to enforce it 'lite' status I assume).
* some URI characters restrictions ("-+" are in an configurable invalid
characters list, which you can not change on the 'lite' product)
* no support for the user at domain syntax - it becomes user%40domain !
thank you openser for fixing that for me (... oups wrong list :) however
nothing can fix correctly a stripped '-' in the domain name.

When I contacted their support about the last point, they told me the
sip:user at domain syntax should work but I guess it is only available on
their commercial version.

On the plus side, it does not take days to start like x-lite does on my
macbook when I use wireless.

Thomas