[Freeswitch-users] Load test - performance not even matching Asterisk

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Mon Sep 29 00:31:54 PDT 2008

Regarding the 32bit vs. 64bit questions, I'm a bit uncertain about how I
answer it, but here is some imformation, which you may use:

cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2140  @ 1.60GHz
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16
xtpr lahf_lm

uname -ar gives: Linux econel2.everdance.com 2.6.25.9-40.fc8 #1 SMP Fri
Jun 27 16:25:53 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

With respect to compiling the FS, I have not been aware of any options,
so I just did the standard: bootstrap.sh, configure, make and make
install.

I have tried to configure with some 64bit flags: CFLAGS="-m64 -fast"
CXXFLAGS="-m64 -fast" LDFLAGS="-m64" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/freeswitch --enable-core-odbc-support
--enable-core-libedit-support --enable-64 --with-openssl=/usr/sfw, but I
get an error:

checking for C compiler default output file name...

so I may need to install some 64bit libraries? If so some hints would be
great! /Jon