[Freeswitch-users] Max of 170 channels in the conference room.

Johny Kadarisman jkr888 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:57:58 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I build a new test boxes for freeswitch. and trying to simulate high load
condition.
I have one freeswitch box that host conference apps, and another box with
simple js to originate call to the conference room.
To monitor the sound quality, I have one phones that dial into the
conference room, and then start streaming/playing moh music in the
conference.

In many scenario that i tried (mute, unmute, one or multiple rooms), the max
total number of channels is about 170 channels before FS start to slowing
down on creating new channels. The Cpu's only tops around 40-50%, and the
voice/rtp start to jitter or delays on my phone.

These test boxes is running on 2 processor 2.8GHz Dual Core xeon cpu's and
about 1Gb memory.
I think the number already pretty impressive, at least for me :)

But is this limit sounds right from others experience? Can I still do more
tuning?

Thanks,
Johny K.