[Freeswitch-users] Max of 170 channels in the conference room.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:56:19 PDT 2008

We don't do much testing on the conference but i can give you a few
pointers.

is it a 32 or 64 bit box?
if it's 32 you can try this as root before you start up.

ulimit -s 244

you can also change the conference interval to higher number of ms between
packets to give it more time to mux the audio, the default is 20 but you
should be able to use 30,40,60,120 as well

You can also try multiple conference to compare.

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Johny Kadarisman <jkr888 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I build a new test boxes for freeswitch. and trying to simulate high load
> condition.
> I have one freeswitch box that host conference apps, and another box with
> simple js to originate call to the conference room.
> To monitor the sound quality, I have one phones that dial into the
> conference room, and then start streaming/playing moh music in the
> conference.
>
> In many scenario that i tried (mute, unmute, one or multiple rooms), the
> max total number of channels is about 170 channels before FS start to
> slowing down on creating new channels. The Cpu's only tops around 40-50%,
> and the voice/rtp start to jitter or delays on my phone.
>
> These test boxes is running on 2 processor 2.8GHz Dual Core xeon cpu's and
> about 1Gb memory.
> I think the number already pretty impressive, at least for me :)
>
> But is this limit sounds right from others experience? Can I still do more
> tuning?
>
> Thanks,
> Johny K.

Anthony Minessale II