[Freeswitch-users] NAT issue with registration responses going to the wrong port

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 7 09:14:37 PDT 2008

For the sake of our Archives the first register has the rport option
in the via.  The second register after the 401 doesn't have rport
thats why its sending to the wrong port.  Your phone is broken but you
can fix it with NDLB-force-rport=true on the sip profile.  Which might
break interop with some other phones... you're better off having a
"broken_rport" profile then making the busted phones register to that
profile.

/b

On Jul 7, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Alex Kinch wrote:

> Hi again Brian,
>
> As per our IRC chat I've taken a full sip trace and chucked it on
> pastebin: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4752
>
> Port 6666 is set in the device as it's local SIP port, and it appears
> although FS manages to send 401 to the right port in response to the
> REGISTER without any auth it screws up after that.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org