[Freeswitch-users] how to force a MINIMUM call duration

Frank @ Impact frank at impactfax.com
Tue Dec 9 05:38:27 PST 2008

How can FS force a Minimum call duration for a FS caller (someone
calling out of FS)?

We have a carrier that penalizes us with a surcharge for short duration
calls (sound familiar?).

So when a FS caller (not a call center or predictive dialer) calls a
cell phone and gets a ring tone or calls an answering machine, the FS
caller hangs up because they do not want to leave a message.  But they
do this in less then a few seconds after the call is answered.  This
becomes a short duration call and bang the surcharge applies.  It is
actually cheaper to pay for a longer call time (6 seconds in this case)
and avoid the short duration surcharge.  But the FS caller does not know
this.

So, how can FS hold the connection to the called party open for at least
the minimum amount of time I need to avoid the short call charge. even
though my FS caller has already hung up the phone on his end?  I would
like to do this in the xml dialplan if possible.

Thanks

-Frank