[Freeswitch-users] voicemail problem

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:10:30 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am having a voicemail problem:

Problem 1
In the wiki, it says that with the below line, the user can check vm without
needing to authenticate:
        <action application="voicemail" data="auth default 1005"/>

Instead, it goes to the mailbox asking user to record message:

 [/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/voicemail/8000/vm-record_message.wav]
rate 8000hz

How come it is not going to the vm?

Problem 2
If I change to         <action application="voicemail" data="check default
1005"/>

it asks me to enter user id follow by #.  So, I enter 1005#, and it just
hangs up.

The curl xml created by fs shows:

<document type="freeswitch/xml">
  <section name="directory" description="Directory For FreeSwitch">
    <domain name="">
      <user id="">
        <params>
          <param name="password" value="1234"/>
        </params>
        <variables>
          <variable name="user_context" value="agent"/>
        </variables>
      </user>
    </domain>
  </section>
</document>

Since I am using the user 1005 to dial in, so userid and password should
work, otherwise, I won't be able to login to dial the number.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pete