[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Jonas Gauffin jonas.gauffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:58:28 PDT 2007

> The FAQ was never removed, its still there, however its not maintained like
> it should be.  It claims certain things aren't available when they have been
> for a year.

Ahh.. My mistake. I searched for both "FAQ" and "Frequently asked
questions" without getting a hit.

Then I saw this in the documentation guidelines: "Try to avoid FAQs".
My conclusion was therefore that it was removed. But I found it now =)

> The wiki is a community documentation project.  It enables each and every
> one of you to not only read documentation, but also to update it and add to
> it.  If documentation is missing, incorrect, incomplete then anyone can
> create an account and add to it.  If its confusing, then an explanation that
> isnt so confusing can be made.  No special access is required, just sign up
> for an account if you dont have one.

Yeah. I'm the one that created the quickstart guide and have also
contributed with some other stuff.

My point was that people who can't contribute with information should
be able to REQUEST information. Those requests shouldn't be added in
the documentation, but in the Talk pages or special request pages
(otherwise the documentation will be cluttered with requests). And we
should inform the average user on how they can request better
documentation. (And they can do it by using one of my previous
suggestions).

> at http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Documentation there is a
> documentation guideline section at the top, so that the pages can have a
> uniform look and feel, and at the bottom is a list of missing pages and
> empty pages.  There are 40 such pages already that do need to be filled in
> at some point.

I created the documentation guidelines page too :) But that's for ppl
that can actually contribute in the documentation. Not for ppl that as
missing or not understanding some documentation.