[Freeswitch-users] timeline

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sat Jan 27 07:11:09 PST 2007

[mailto:freeswitch-
> users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Cosimo Alfarano
> Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:51 AM
> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] timeline
>
> On Jan 19, 2007, at 13:27 , Michael Jerris wrote:
> > lab and test it for your needs.  We most definitely need more
feedback
> > from the user community as to what they experience to make this
> > decision.
>
> Hi All,
>   last time I checked the dev-status, there wasn't a way to
> authenticate clients against SIP/Sofia module, it was a TODO.

That has not been the case for some time.  We most definitely do
authentication.

> I'd like to give it a try, bridging gtalk and sip on a public box
> (not production one, but publicly accessible), and then bridge FS to
> Asterisk via authenticated SIP/IAX.

Sounds good.

> What I would like to do is make FS the public 'concentrator' for the
> Internet and having a PBX (or maybe more than one) behind for
> internal use. But I'd like to have at least sofia auth to give it a
> try in a good environment.

Like I had said, put it up and try it out.  There is starting to be some
better documentation on the wiki (wiki.freeswitch.org) and the sample
configs are getting better over time.  After you read those docs, if you
still have question on how to do it, feel free to pop in on irc and we
can give you some help.