[Freeswitch-docs] odbc in the core page

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 03:50:44 MSD 2016

On 9 April 2016 at 05:46, Bote Man <bote_radio at botecomm.com> wrote:
> I can not speak for core developers, but it's probably worthwhile to archive
> that page and create a new one with current information.
>
> I understand the push to get everybody to use the current release of
> everything, but not every installation can, so somebody might need those old
> instructions to rebuild an old system that can't be upgraded at the moment.
>
> Copy whatever parts are still useful to a new page and either add
> "deprecated" to the title of the old page or title the new page like "ODBC
> in the 1.6 core" or similar.

Yes, I like this. Hopefully that means maintaining it won't be too
much of a hassle once we're at a current version of FS.

As I said earlier, I'm willing to write up a page on odbc but I'll
need some guidance on how to get it working.

Right now I have both FS and postgres installed from master but I
don't know how to have FS make the tables. I'll write the users list
to see if I can get some input and use that to improve on the docs for
odbc.

> There's a TON of old cruft in the wiki, some of which is useful, some of
> which is outdated.

What's the best way to keep it from getting outdated? Just update it
constantly with each release? Maybe some things don't need to be
completely branch specific or OS specific that way it will stay
relevant longer.