[Freeswitch-docs] odbc in the core page

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Sat Apr 9 16:46:54 MSD 2016

I can not speak for core developers, but it's probably worthwhile to archive
that page and create a new one with current information.

I understand the push to get everybody to use the current release of
everything, but not every installation can, so somebody might need those old
instructions to rebuild an old system that can't be upgraded at the moment.

Copy whatever parts are still useful to a new page and either add
"deprecated" to the title of the old page or title the new page like "ODBC
in the 1.6 core" or similar.

There's a TON of old cruft in the wiki, some of which is useful, some of
which is outdated.

We said we would use the feature of Confluence to clone each instance to a
new one when a new FS release comes out, but we haven't done that. If we did
that, it would provide a snapshot for archival reference while the current
live wiki marches on. I wouldn't do that without consensus from a bunch of
people who are smarter than I because it has the potential to cause a lot of
confusion.

Bote