[Freeswitch-docs] odbc in the core page

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 09:24:37 MSD 2016

Hi All,

This is the page I'll be referencing:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Using+ODBC+in+the+core

I added the TOC tonight because it was quite messy, but after reading
the page, it looks like some pruning could be done.

Questions:
Do we want to have the Ubuntu section as that's not the preferred distro?
Do we want to reference Debian Squeeze as that's not the preferred platform?
Same questions apply to Postgres 8.4 and CentOS5.2, both relics in
today's world.

I'm anxious to try Postgres with FreeSWITCH, but because the page is a
bit outdated, I don't quite understand the process. I installed a
couple of the packages mentioned at the top and made the files. I was
then able to connect with the isql -v freeswitch command but I don't
see any mention of Postgres in my config.log

I do see this for odbc in the config.log:
configure:19959: checking for odbc header in /usr/include
configure:19984: checking for SQLDisconnect in -lodbc
configure:20009: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lodbc   >&5
configure:20088: checking whether to include odbc
config.status:1773: creating src/mod/event_handlers/mod_odbc_cdr/Makefile
ac_cv_found_odbc=yes
ac_cv_found_odbc_inc=yes
ac_cv_lib_odbc_SQLDisconnect=yes
ac_cv_odbc_where_inc=/usr/include
ac_cv_odbc_where_lib=yes
ODBC_LIB_FLAGS='-Wl,-lodbc'

If we could come to an agreement on the few questions above about the
old sections, I can work on changing it. Once I have a better
understanding of postgres and freeswitch, I can also provide more
concert documentation.

Thanks!

--
-------