[Freeswitch-dev] Call relaying (ISDN <> Freeswitch <> ISDN)

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 01:44:55 MSD 2013

Markus, how "the PSTN" would know the length of the destination (German) phone number?
I think it's just impossible, especially that there are multiple independent providers in Germany, and the phone numbers differ in length even within the same end customers.

just a few examples:
http://www.de-cix.net/contact/contact/
https://www1.pbxes.com/iptel_impressum.html

So, I still think somewhere along the chain there's a simple interdigit timeout. Probably it's in your outgoing ISDN channel at the provider side. How else would the system know when to place the call?

So, instead of relying on someone else's interdigit timeout, you can handle your own, and place the outbound call when you have enough digits.