[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Tue Apr 23 22:44:21 MSD 2013

A belated welcome to the week of April 22!

News and notes is a day late because I spent all day yesterday working on
the new FreeSWITCH book <http://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-2/book>. Good
news - we have submitted all the content! It's now just a matter of getting
all the edits and reviews done. We're a little more than halfway through
that process. We'll update you as more news becomes available.

Last week we had a conference call
that<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_04_17>lasted quite
a while. Dave Kompel showed us some tricks with using MS
Visual Studio 2012 to build FreeSWITCH applications. That discussion
dovetailed into a more general discussion about some of the other things
Dave has been doing with FreeSWITCH under Windows. In the weeks and months
ahead, Dave will be doing some more Windows-only discussions outside of the
main weekly conference call. Keep an eye on the mailing
list<http://lists.freeswitch.org>for more announcements.

Tomorrow we have scheduled an engineer from
JeraSoft<http://www.jerasoft.net/products/vcs/index.html>who will be
talking about their routing and billing solution that has been
tightly integrated with FreeSWITCH 1.2. If you have FreeSWITCH in a
production environment where billing and routing are core elements then this
discussion <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_04_24> will
definitely be of interest.

Have a great rest of the week!

--