[Freeswitch-dev] Hunting down bugs with git bisect

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sat Apr 20 03:58:16 MSD 2013

Hello gang!

I'm soliciting feedback on this topic: using git bisect to find "the commit
that broke it." I am particularly interested in anyone who has automated
the process so that it will build, test, pull, build, test, pull, etc.
automatically without human intervention.

If you've done anything like that please let us know. I'd like to see git
bisect used more for people who are reporting bugs with phrases like, "It
stopped working when I updated so I went back to the old git version and it
works fine there."

Thanks!

--
Michael S Collins