[Freeswitch-dev] Adding FS version and machine-readable uptime to heartbeat events

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Jul 12 08:51:56 MSD 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Daniel Swarbrick
<daniel.swarbrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean the number that's in freeswitch.serial? What (other than
> zrtp) uses this, and why is it needed in a heartbeat?

I don't know if it's the same thing or not. I'm talking about the
unique number given to a FS instance when it's started up (as I
recall, it's based on MAC addresses or something).

It's sent with xml curl POSTs and so we'll often put that serial
number in the database so we know what FS server is asking for it's
configs.

It can also be found in the log directory by cat-ing the
'freeswitch.serial' file (I think).

Best,
Gabe