[Freeswitch-dev] Adding FS version and machine-readable uptime to heartbeat events

Daniel Swarbrick daniel.swarbrick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 02:45:55 MSD 2012

On 12/07/12 06:51, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

> I don't know if it's the same thing or not. I'm talking about the
> unique number given to a FS instance when it's started up (as I
> recall, it's based on MAC addresses or something).
>
> It's sent with xml curl POSTs and so we'll often put that serial
> number in the database so we know what FS server is asking for it's
> configs.
>
> It can also be found in the log directory by cat-ing the
> 'freeswitch.serial' file (I think).

I see no freeswitch.serial in the log directory, however a file with
that name is created in the conf directory each time FS starts (if it
does not already exist). It consists of the hexadecimal representation
of the local_ip_v4 variable, followed by four random hex chars.

This is saved to the global switch variable "switch_serial", but the
only place this is currently used is in the ZRTP zid_string.

I think what you're seeing in the curl POSTs is something else.