[Freeswitch-dev] How to understand codebase

Arif Hossain freefall1986 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:41:29 MSK 2012

I'm quite new to freeswitch. I have some experience in asterisk. But
Mostly about how to configure asterisk. The codebase of freeswitch is
quite large and seems overhelming at first sight. I'm a moderately good
c programmer but i don't have a lot of experience understanding a huge
codebase only by reading code.

I saw freeswitch does not come with a "developer manual" or something
like that. Which would be very helpful. Because i do have a moderate
knowledge about sip and telephony technologies.

So any other ways to understand freeswitch codebase(the core, and
important modules like media session handling etc) efficiently? I'm
willing to "learn" and contribute to the project.

I know "knowledge" is itself a "resource". But any help regarding this
would be wonderful.

At this time i have checked out freeswitch code from git, loaded it in
eclipse, and trying to understand some core data structures. But I've
realized it would be very difficult to understand everything by myself.

Thanks in advance.
--
"You have a voice"
                                        ----The King's Speech

Public Key : $ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key C88CFC23