[Freeswitch-dev] Build problems under Windows 7

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Fri Jun 10 01:47:34 MSD 2011

I'm just setting up a new Windows 7 box as an experimental upgrade to
our usual Windows XP and Linux/Ubuntu environments.

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
Visual Studio 2008 Standard SP1 (C#, C++, and VB)
InnoSetup installed
FS Git installed to C:\freeswitch

I'm not trying to do a setup build yet, just a standard build.

However, I'm having problems with the JSON library.  It compiles Ok
under XP, but gives VBscript errors under 7.  The only thing difference
I can think of that might be relevant is I have VB6 installed on the XP
box, but I doubt that's actually required for VBS.

At line 135 of the script, it's trying to create a .bat file in the
directory.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe the random
number generation isn't as random as one would like, resulting in it
re-using the same script name and running into a "file exists" type of
problem.

Any suggestions?

 From the build log:

Downloading JSON.
4>Generating Code...
25>Downloading: http://files.freeswitch.org/downloads/libs/json-c-0.9.tar.gz
4>Compiling manifest to resources...
4>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
4>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
4>Linking...
25>Extracting: C:\freeswitch\libs\json-c-0.9.tar.gz
25>7-Zip (A) 4.32  Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Igor Pavlov  2005-12-09
25>Processing archive: C:\freeswitch\libs\json-c-0.9.tar.gz
25>Extracting  json-c-0.9.tar
25>Everything is Ok
25>c:\freeswitch\libs\win32\util.vbs(135, 3) Microsoft VBScript runtime
error: Permission denied
25>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\freeswitch\libs\win32\Debug\BuildLog Download JSON.htm"