[Freeswitch-dev] Custom date/time pronunciation

Steve Sims steve at steveandgeorge.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 21:47:30 MSD 2011

I've written a patch (http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-1889) to
allow more control over date and time pronunciation from the 'say'
application which allows Asterisk SayUnixTime style constructs to be
pronounced. Usage is based on strftime formatting codes with additions
to pronounce words like 'hours', 'minutes', 'at' etc. so for example:

<action application="say" data="en custom_date_time pronounced
%H%h%M%n:${strepoch()}"/>

It's currently only available for mod_say_en as I don't have any other
human language skills to be sure of changing the other mod_say_xx's
without causing a regression. So my question is, is it going to be OK to
submit this change for mod_say_en only?

Otherwise, would anybody like to help me port it to other language 'say'
modules - it's not doing anything particularly smart, just 'say'ing
files based on the order of formatting codes passed in for the most part?

The most recent proposed patch is fs1889_2011-06-08.txt on the above
mentioned jira if you want to have a look.

Cheers,

Steve