[Freeswitch-dev] Question about presence_id

Beeton, Carolyn (Carolyn) cbeeton at avaya.com
Mon Nov 15 09:27:10 PST 2010

Now this leads to another question.  If I am monitoring an extension which is running a socket application or playback or something like that,  I can't do this:

<action application="set" data="presence_id=44@$${domain}"/>

because that really "hijacks" the channel from whoever it actually belongs to, who might have a valid presence_id of their own (i.e. might be a registered set which others are monitoring).  (That also might explain why I was seeing the "direction" backwards when monitoring a FS app).

Is the complete solution then to use a bridge application with data="loopback/app=socket...", and set the presence_id of the application extension on the far side of the bridge? i.e. something like this:

<action application="bridge" data="presence_id=44@$${domain};loopback/app=playback..."/>

On a somewhat related note, how does monitoring of conference and park extensions work?  Does the presence_id have to be set in the dialplan, or is it done automatically for these applications?  When a registered user calls into a conference, would PRESENCE_IN events be generated for both ends of the call?

Carolyn