[Freeswitch-dev] Woohoo! We have call recording working!

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Mar 17 22:52:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Mark Sobkow
<m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com>wrote:

> As per Andrew Thompson's suggestion, I changed the processing of the
> call recording to start recording as part of processing a CHANNEL_BRIDGE
> event.  It turns out that (at least with Erlang) the call is not
> actually bridged when the api command to bridge a call returns ok; the
> ok only means the bridge command was successfully queued for processing,
> not that it's completed.
>
> I guess I wouldn't call this a bug with call recording, but it's
> definitely a "gotcha".

Nope, not a bug - that's by design. The transmission of the CHANNEL_BRIDGE
event means it was successful. The OK+ from the API call to bridge simply
means that the bridge command was successfully submitted for processing, not
that the processing of it was successful. This is the power, beauty, and
elegance of the event system in FS. Events tell you pretty much *everything*
that is going on and you can pretty much do *anything* when you harness the
power of events.
-MC