[Freeswitch-dev] mod lua session:bridged() not implemented?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Mar 8 09:33:42 PST 2010

I think you might be looking at the wrong tool. The session:bridged() method
is for knowing if the current session is bridged to another leg. Tony says
it has a very specific use case and I doubt that this is what they had in
mind.

If you're building a predictive dialer and you are generating the outbound
call leg then you're most likely in need of knowing that the far end has
answered. In a case like this I would build a dialplan extension and have
the b leg drop in there. Then set execute_on_answer to your lua script. You
could also use that dialplan to handle timeouts, call failures, etc. This
way you're letting the dialplan do what it's good at and your Lua script can
focus on the single task of handling an answered call...

-MC