[Freeswitch-dev] modifying oz to support hairpin calls / bypass_media_after_bridge

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:59:22 PDT 2009

if it's even possible you would have to build that functionality from
ozmod_zt all the way through the openzap core and up into mod_openzap
It's a pretty tall order at this juncture.

the zap_channel_command in openzap which is akin to our userspace ioctl
would need some sort of new command that you could use
to tell a channel to direct bridge to another channel using some struct with
the 2 channels in them as the void arg.

that command would be passed down into the i/o mod eg ozmod_zt and probably
in that paticular case you would do the same trick
they use in meetme in asterisk to conference them.

There would need to be lots of error checking along the way (has to be like
channel types etc)

The phase 2 of openzap is supposed to be an abstract kernel mod or cross
platform driver abstraction where all the channels are of the same type one
day.
so one ozmod_<whatever we call it> could normalize all the hardware even
deeper level and provide this sort of thing as well.

up in mod_openzap it would have to check for the MEDIA on and off
indications and fire the zap_channel_command and report the results
upstream.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 5:01 PM, John Wehle <john at feith.com> wrote:

> The particular application I have in mind is routing incoming data
> calls to the correct digital modem banks.
>
> Using T1 and zaptel I'd like to take a incoming call on channel X
> and cross connect it to channel Y when bridging.  I believe that
> bypass_media_after_bridge is intended to control this behavior.
>
> On the zaptel side it appears this is done by issuing ZT_CHANCONFIG
> with the appropriate zt_chanconfig.  Where I'm looking for guidance
> is what needs to be in mod_openzap for FreeSWITCH to activate this
> behavior.  I.e.:
>
>  a) at some point FreeSWITCH needs to indicate to the openzap endpoint
>     that FS channel A should be bridged to FS channel B.  How does
>     this happen?
>
>  b) openzap then needs to look at channel A and B to determine if they
>     can be bridged at the openzap layer.  How does it indicate to
>     FreeSWITCH that the channels have been bridged by openzap?
>
>  c) what does call teardown look like?
>
> -- John

pstn:213-799-1400