[Freeswitch-dev] modifying oz to support hairpin calls / bypass_media_after_bridge

John Wehle john at feith.com
Fri Jul 17 15:01:06 PDT 2009

The particular application I have in mind is routing incoming data
calls to the correct digital modem banks.

Using T1 and zaptel I'd like to take a incoming call on channel X
and cross connect it to channel Y when bridging.  I believe that
bypass_media_after_bridge is intended to control this behavior.

On the zaptel side it appears this is done by issuing ZT_CHANCONFIG
with the appropriate zt_chanconfig.  Where I'm looking for guidance
is what needs to be in mod_openzap for FreeSWITCH to activate this
behavior.  I.e.:

  a) at some point FreeSWITCH needs to indicate to the openzap endpoint
     that FS channel A should be bridged to FS channel B.  How does
     this happen?

  b) openzap then needs to look at channel A and B to determine if they
     can be bridged at the openzap layer.  How does it indicate to
     FreeSWITCH that the channels have been bridged by openzap?

  c) what does call teardown look like?

-- John