[Freeswitch-dev] access session variables after hangup

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 13 06:46:52 PDT 2009

On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:39 AM, rentmycoder rentmycoder wrote:

> I don't care about billing, but do care about very detailed realtime
> and historical call logging and routing system.
> xml cdr is not an option since it does not handle certain logging
> scenarios like call transfers, multy party call conversions, custom
> call events like recording started or stopped, etc. and it does not
> handle realtime call routing at all.

Its not the job of the CDR to handle rrealtime call routing... what
exactly are you going for?  XML CDR does stack the caller profiles for
every transfer and action that takes place.

> We try to port our IBM Genesys like PBX and Call Center solution from
> asterisk to freeswitch, but for this I would need hangup detection.

Hangup detection?  Does the far end not send you a bye?

> Actually I'm just in the learning phase in the migration process and
> try to use the fastest ways for the initial testing, that's why I try
> to use lua.
> Sorry for this long story :)
> Should this hangup detection work, I mean am I doing something wrong,
> or this feature is not implemented yet?

Can you elaborate on this more ?

> If not, what language and method do you suggest to implement robust
> call routing and history?

You post process the XML CDR to get a full detail of what is going on.

> Thank's for your valuable help in advance!

/b