[Freeswitch-dev] FS send re-invite about every minutes, is there a way to disable it?

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Thu Feb 26 19:23:14 PST 2009

Seven,

This is called session timers, its sent out to make sure the call is
still active. Since SIP is UDP-based, if the UA is unplugged, the call
would just stay active.

You can look in your UA's settings to see if you can make that longer
or disable it.

If you do a SIP trace, look for the "Session-Expires" header. (Should
be like: Session-Expires: <nbr of seconds>).

When FS performs an outbound call, this is controlled by the session-
timeout parameter in the sip profile.
Eg: <param name="session-timeout" value="120"/>

~Math