[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSwitch Builds

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:34:43 EDT 2008

Are you joking?

C'mon? Really? You are going to troll the list again with all kinds of
uppity remarks like that and say that I am venting or over-reacting when it
pisses me off that you have a giant chip on your shoulder?

You are the guy who was complaining that our documentation was not
sufficient for you to show up and instantly write a private endpoint that
you have no intention to share with anybody.  And despite all that it only
took you 3 days to get it working *with* our help on IRC.  That was you
right? The same guy everybody told me privately was being a jack-ass and
wondered why I was still helping you?  You have every right to write a
private module but you could try to be a bit more polite asking for help i
would say. Again, small price to pay.

It's appropriate that you commented because yes, you were the last
individual to do the same thing.
To show up on the list bitching about stuff and then explain away your
rudeness with more sarcasm and attitude.
I eventually said ok, fine you didn't mean it rudely, whatever...  So, i
guess I was wrong unless you are going to try to claim this latest email is
not also completely rude?

Criticize the software all you want but every time anybody complains that we
are not doing enough to suit their needs in this type of manner, I am going
to respond the same way.  For every one guy who barges in with guns blazing
complaining about stuff there are 100 who are totally respectful.  We simply
do not condone entitlist attutudes here.  Most other things we could care
less about.

Make fun of our IRC channel all you want but it's much easier to help people
in a group that one at a time on the list all day long.

Seriously, How do you expect me to not get annoyed when you more or less say
I refuse to help people when some weeks I spend the entire day every day
helping people?  This guy you are spreading FUD about me too doesn't even
have a real problem besides when he builds clean on windows he sometimes has
to issue the command a second time to get it to work all the way, we asked
him to file a bug report and to help us gather info.

I can't understand some people.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> Robert Clayton wrote:
> > Thanks Michael.
> > Judging from Mr. Minessale's remark I appeared insulting or at the least
> too
> > demanding. No insult was intended. ...
> I'll just tell you here on the list what several people helpfully filled
> me in on privately after Mr. Minessale responded to *my* first posting
> to the list: he has a tendency to vent, and to take criticism of his
> software as an insult on his person or manhood. You'll be happiest if
> you ignore it rather than attempt repeatedly to apologize, since any
> apology will be ripped up as insincere or insufficiently placating.
>
> Just remember that he writes software for himself, and is nice enough to
> have designed it better than the predecessor (Asterisk), publish the
> source code, and license it such that you too can use it if you find it
> useful... he isn't writing it for you (no matter what he might say), and
> your support options are to post a question here and get redirected to
> the IRC group (so there's no mailing list archive of the solution) or go
> hang out in the IRC group where approximately 99% of the content is
> about what is "bitchin" and what is "gay" and 1% of the content is
> useful technical exchanges about the software, at least as of the last
> time I stopped by or perused the IRC archives.
>
> That said, there's a whole lot of other very polite and friendly folks
> in the community who read the list and are very happy to help newcomers,
> no matter what their skill level, so I expect that people who can
> actually help you will respond privately and you'll be able to make
> progress. If not, there's always "figure it out yourself" or "find
> another platform" as your choices.
>
> Matthew Kaufman
> matthew at matthew.at

pstn:213-799-1400