[Freeswitch-dev] Channel variables from openzap

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 09:11:32 EDT 2008

That would pretty much violate the whole scope of the library.  It's not
supposed to even know there is a such thing as FreeSWITCH to get variables
from.  There could just as easily be a chan_openzap for asterisk (*WINK*
*WINK* anyone? buelleur?)

What exactly do you need them for?

The most elegant way would be for the FS core to allow endpoints
(mod_openzap) to register a callback to be called
when a variable is set on that channel, then add the concept of channel
variables to openzap zchans

so then when FS had a channel variable set it mod_openzap would in turn set
it on openzap zchan and the blind abstraction would be preserved.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Simon Capper <scapper at ooma.com> wrote:

> I want to access channel variables from an ozmod module in openzap.
> I can't see a way to do it in the current code.
>
> I'd like to add the feature and provide a patch for openzap when I'm done.
> I'm thinking of adding a void pointer that could be passed down via
> zap_channel_open that could be then be used from the ozmod modules?
> Mod_openzap would set the pointer to a function that would give access to
> channel variables. Thoughts?
>
> Simon

pstn:213-799-1400