[Freeswitch-dev] Sofia SIP doesn't handle fetching registrations

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Nov 17 06:25:08 PST 2008

2008/11/17 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:
> The RFC also says you must support both udp and tcp and try every packet
> greater that 1200 bytes at TCP unconditionally then timeout for 10 seconds
> and try it finally on udp despite the fact that only 20% of sip stuff seems
> to support TCP.
>
> Just because the RFC tells us to jump off a cliff doesn't mean we will.
>
> We deemed this feature to be far from critical and not worth the time and
> energy to implement.
> Nobody has missed it besides one other individual who apparently was not
> interested in implementing or
> propsing a bounty to expidite the feature into the code.
>
> Like Mike said, there is an open Jira issue on this matter.
> Do you have a requirement for this feature?

Well, I test my SIP enviroments usually with Twinkle which allows
fetching registrations, a feature that I consider very usseful for
testing purposes.
But not, it's not a "real" requeriment.

Anyway, I already know that RFC3261 (and friends) are written by
people coming from other galaxy in which NAT doesn't exist, there is
IPv6 and devices use S/MIME to secure communications... XD
But the feature aked here (fetching registrations) is, IMHO, an useful feature.

Thanks for all.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>