[Freeswitch-dev] Sofia SIP doesn't handle fetching registrations

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:12:16 PST 2008

The RFC also says you must support both udp and tcp and try every packet
greater that 1200 bytes at TCP unconditionally then timeout for 10 seconds
and try it finally on udp despite the fact that only 20% of sip stuff seems
to support TCP.

Just because the RFC tells us to jump off a cliff doesn't mean we will.

We deemed this feature to be far from critical and not worth the time and
energy to implement.
Nobody has missed it besides one other individual who apparently was not
interested in implementing or
propsing a bounty to expidite the feature into the code.

Like Mike said, there is an open Jira issue on this matter.
Do you have a requirement for this feature?

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> There is an open bug on this but no one has seemed to care enough
> about it as few clients actually do this:
>
> http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/MODENDP-86
>
> We would be happy to look at patches to address this.
>
> Mike
>
> On Nov 16, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
> > Hi, a SIP client can get its current registrations by sending a normal
> > REGISTER but wituh no "Contact" header, as RFC 3261 says:
> >
> > ------------
> >  10.2.3 Fetching Bindings
> >
> >   A success response to any REGISTER request contains the complete
> > list
> >   of existing bindings, regardless of whether the request contained a
> >   Contact header field.  If no Contact header field is present in a
> >   REGISTER request, the list of bindings is left unchanged.
> >
> > But when FreeSwitch receives a REGISTER with no Contact it returns
> > an error
> > and sends "500" error to the SIP client:
> >
> >  2008-11-16 20:29:27 [ERR] sofia_reg.c:960
> > sofia_reg_handle_sip_i_register()
> >  NO CONTACT!
> >
> > This is wrong obviosly.

pstn:213-799-1400