[Freeswitch-dev] mod_pocketsphinx

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 9 19:16:46 EDT 2008

You have beat me to updating the docs.  Maybe you can write the docs
on the mod_pocketsphinx page.. which btw the module builds all its own
depends no.

You're missing all the grammar files and you need the ps_pizza.js file
thats in tree now..

Sphinx uses a different grammar format you can get the files to untar
in the grammar folder at

http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/pizza_grammar.tar.gz

http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/pizza._sounds.tar.gz

you'll need the latest ps_pizza.js and install these files and update
the sounds path.

/b
PS: try out mod_flite also.

On Jul 9, 2008, at 5:43 PM, Frederick Jabre wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I've just setup mod_pocketsphinx on my freeswitch box. The module
> mod_pocketsphinx.so seems to be loaded successfully according to the
> freeswicth console.
>
>   At any rate, I am getting this error:
>
>          mod_pocketsphinx.c:118 pocketsphinx_asr_load_grammar()
> Can't open dictionary.
>
>  when I try to use it in the pizza demo in the pizza demo via:
>
>          var asr = new SpeechDetect(session, "pocketsphinx",
> "127.0.0.1");
>
>  I'm sure it's not as simple as this of course. What other files do
> I need to get this demo going? And how different are the grammar
> files from the kind that Lumenvox uses..? Sample grammar files
> anywhere..?
>
> Thanks in advance..!
> Fred

Brian West