[Freeswitch-dev] INFO: wait_for_silence wikified; set chan var w/ result?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Fri Jul 11 02:56:47 EDT 2008

FYI,

I started the documentation here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_wait_for_silence

I also added it to the list of apps on the mod_dptools wiki page.

Question: how easy/difficult would it be to add a channel variable that
would get populated with the result of the wait_for_silence call?  It
could be something like ${waitstatus} with a value of "silence" or
"timeout".  Bonus question: if I wanted to dig in there myself and see
if I could add that feature, where might I start looking for information
on what is required when adding a custom channel variable inside an app
or api?  I'd want to make sure to follow proper protocol when creating
this variable.

Thanks,

MC