[Freeswitch-dev] Update: Problem with sending Instant Messages

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 09:11:38 EST 2007

SIP is domain based like HTTP (Web), SMTP (E-Mail) and Jabber (IM/presence).

You need the phones to register with the same domain that
the sofia profile is configured to use.

The most painless way to do this is:

1) setup DNS for A and/or SRV for SIP to point at your box
   eg: sip.my.com
2) set the domain variable in the conf/vars.xml to this domain
   -<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=$${local_ip_v4}"/>
   +<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=sip.my.com"/>
3) When you configure the phone/soft phone, use sip.my.com
   as the domain you are registering to so for ext 1000
   you become sip:1000 at sip.my.com.

Now you have a fully qualified unique sip url and all your
phones can chat etc.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org