[Freeswitch-dev] Update: Problem with sending Instant Messages

Alois Komenda alois.komenda at esk.fraunhofer.de
Tue Dec 4 09:47:34 EST 2007

Yesterday, 12-03-2007, I wrote:

      Hello,

      sending IM (SIP MESSAGE) from one user to another through
Freeswitch does not work for me.
      I have traced the problem to this point now: the call of
switch_core_hash_find() in sofia_glue_find_profile__() returns NULL.

      Finally "Invalid Profile <IP of Freeswitch>" is diplayed on the
console (among other data about the message).
      What is the problem here?

After a small change to sofia_presence_chat_send(), sending messages
worked.
The parameter given to sofia_glue_find_profile() was the variable host
which contains an IP address. I changed it to the hardcoded value
"default". Now sofia_glue_find_profile() returns a valid profile and
messages can be sent.

What is the correct way to choose the profile name for an IM?

Best regards,

Alois