[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch now has Python Support - Ruby better

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sun Sep 10 16:24:04 EDT 2006

In the case of FreeRaidus, the library is LGPL, so there are no license
issues preventing us from using that that I can think of.  Finding a way
for freeswitch to be more compatible with the GPL is fine with me
personally, but not at the expense of making it not compatible with
other libraries, for example apache portable runtime is very integral
with freeswitch, and we have no control over the license.  Apache
license is not compatible with the GPL, (see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html)  and due to the viral
nature of the GPL that requires the entire work as a whole to be
distributed as GPL if there are any modifications to GPL code,
freeswitch will be as a result incompatible with the GPL.  As for module
that uses freeswitch and GPL libraries being distributed by someone
else, I don't believe there is anything in the freeswitch licensing that
would prohibit something such as that.

Mike