[Freeswitch-dev] Some questions [JB, EC, etc.]

Tamas jalsot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:58:33 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm thinking about using freeswitch as a core for a softphone and for
this I would need to know some things.

- Is there a plan to make a jitterbuffer for FS in foreseen future?
- Is there a plan to make a software echo canceler (especially for
mod_portaudio)? Packet-loss canceler?
- Is it possible to use speex's echo cancelation?
- Is there a plan to use the advanced features of the speex codec like
VBR, quality?
- Is there a plan to move to speex-1.2beta1?
- RTCP for quality measurement?
- Is it possible to compile everything into one binary file (elf/exe/etc.)?
- How to use sRTP?

I know that those are not easy questions and the paypal button might
help to accelerate, I'm just curious what are the plans, thoughts, etc.

Thanks in advance,
	Tamas