[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH to Shoretel Connect

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:44:10 UTC 2021

I am trying to get FreeSWITCH to place outbound calls through a Shoretel
Connect ST100 (now labeled Mitel).

What is the best approach?

For now FreeSWITCH has a gateway definition that registers as an extension
on the Shoretel.

Another company manages the Shoretel so I have no direct access to any
programming screens. So far they have tried the "system" profile on their
end which works sometimes, other times it doesn't.

Sometimes a call to another extension completes immediately, most times it
takes 20-30 seconds before successful call progress, and still other times
it drops after timing out. My best guess is that it is trying the 4 other
"SIP Phone Profiles" that are set to higher priorities until it finally
times out and uses the lowest priority profile named "System" with a user
agent string of ".*" ( dot star )

Is there any magic setting that I could be missing?

Thanks.

---

John Boteler

BnC Group U.S.A.