[Freeswitch-users] nonat?

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:48:34 UTC 2021

My sip_profiles/internal.xml and external.xml have these lines:
    <param name="rtp-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
    <param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
    <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>
    <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

which magically "just works" between internal extensions as well as with a couple cloud SIP providers. This is with FreeSWITCH version 1.10.5 from about a year ago.

Maybe try those settings and see if they help?

BTW, I fell in love with FreeSWITCH when I installed it and configured a couple phones that were up and calling each other in my lab in about 10 minutes, so you shouldn't be too far off. They've really tried to make it easy to get a working system going quickly, then you can break things from there :-)

Here are my ancient notes which might also be helpful:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Debian+Post-Install+Tasks

Hope this helps.

John Boteler
BnC Group U.S.A.